1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. From the Facebook homepage, go to the left-hand sidebar menu and choose Pages.
3. On the right side, select your page under Pages you control.
4. Scroll down and choose Edit Page Info in the left-hand sidebar menu.
5. Click within the Name text box at the top of the page and type a new name.
6. Confirm the name change request pop-up that will be displayed when you click out of the text field. Request a change by clicking the button.
After that, you’ll receive updates on the status of your name change request. Facebook warns that processing your request might take up to three days and that further information may be required.
1. On your iPhone or Android, open the Facebook app.
2. On iPhone, tap the three horizontal lines icon in the bottom-right corner; on Android, tap the icon in the top-right corner. On the next screen, choose Pages.
3. Select the page you wish to rename from the Pages You Manage section.
4. In the top-right area, tap the gear-shaped Settings icon.
5. Go to Page Info on the Settings page.
6. Tap the Name area in the About section at the top, write in your new page name, then press Continue.
7. Finally, hit Request a Change.
You can change your Facebook page once every 60 days. However, if you change it twice or more, it will be extended to 120 days. If you keep changing your mind, it’s possible that you’ll lose your ability to do so in the future. This ability is also connected to the number of followers your page has. If you have less than 100 followers you might be able to make a change easier. It’s important that you are not spamming and scamming your followers. Your new name still has to connect to your content.
When you establish a new Facebook page, Facebook will automatically produce a unique URL for you based on your Facebook page name, which will most likely include random digits. People may link to your Facebook page using this URL, therefore it’s crucial to have a simple and unique URL that represents your brand.
1. Open the Facebook page whose URL you wish to modify.
2. Select Edit page info from the drop-down menu.
3. Change the Facebook page’s username at the top of the page.
4. Your new Facebook page URL will be this new username.
You may not be able to update your Facebook page for a variety of reasons. First, if your Facebook page does not yet have 24 likes, you will not be able to create a custom URL.
To be allowed to alter the Facebook page URL, you must also have at least one Facebook post on the page. If you don’t comply with this or the preceding requirement, Facebook will deny you the ability to alter the Facebook Page URL and Username, displaying the warning “This Page isn’t qualified to have a username.”
1. Go to the page you’d like to change.
2. Click the upper right corner of your Page photo, then Settings & Privacy, then Settings.
3. Click Edit next to Username.
4. Click Save Changes after entering a new login.
If you are not able to make any of the changes outlined above, there is a chance that you are not the admin of the Facebook page. If so, connect the admin of the page and ask them to grant you admin rights.
1. Click Pages in the left menu of your News Feed.
2. Click Page Settings in the lower left corner of your Page.
3. In the left column, choose Page Roles.
4. Select a new role from the dropdown menu after clicking Edit next to the name of the person whose role you wish to alter.
5. Save the file. To confirm, you may need to enter your password.
Note: If you’re a new admin, you may need to wait seven days before removing or demoting another administrator.
We hope you now know how to modify the name of your Facebook page if you’ve ever wondered. It’s not a difficult or confusing process, but there are a few things you should know before making the switch. Simply follow the instructions outlined, and you’ll be able to alter the name and URL of your page without difficulty.
If you want to build a broader knowledge about the Facebook assets ecosystem and what accounts you should have to attract more traffic for your business through Facebook, we created an overview on how to set up a Facebook business manager. It’s an easy-to-follow manual of all the accounts you need to have and how to set up them. Having only a Facebook page is not enough to beat your competition. Follow Admers on Linkedin to get more insight on digital marketing and how to grow your online business.
Copyright © 2021 Admers - All rights reserved